Abdominal liposuction.

Iam 6 days post op and i looked amazing the day after my lipo until yesterday. They took out the drain and today it looks soo bad like the big stomach is back . Its swollen. Will this go down & when ? What can i do to help with a quick recovery or its still too early ? Im still doing lymphanage drainade massage

Dr Derby

Swelling is very normal after a procedure , it will come and go....But it is also important to consult with your surgeon to rule out a seroma,Best of luck

Liposuction

Thank you for your question. As you mentioned that swelling and fullness has returned AFTER the removal of a drain, it may be quite possible that the area has refilled with the fluid. This is called a seroma. Call and talk to your surgeon today. He or she may ask you to come back so that the fluid can be drained and another small catheter may be placed and left in to make sure all the fluid goes away. Let your doc know!!Best wishes,

Liposuction - look awful at 6 days

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Everyone is started by their swelling after liposuction.
  • But I am concerned that things looked fine while you had a drain and once it was removed, did not.
  • Please ask your surgeon to check you to be sure you do not have a seroma.
  • You massge is fine, if approved by your surgeon, but if it is painful, it can increase your swelling.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS