Would 500cc be a good size implant with a lollipop lift? Breasts saggy after breastfeeding 2 kids (Photo)

Went for a consultation and a simulation was done. The simulation suggested I do 415 - 485cc. I want to be a D cup. I am thinking of going 500cc. Picture with my measurements

Which breast implant size

Thank you for your question. Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want instead of a specific cup size or implant size.  Good luck!

Not enough information

Depending on the profile of the implant, you can get different volumes for a given diameter. Also, your nipples appear to be above the breast crease, so what are you hoping to achieve with a lollipop lift?

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast enlargement with lollipop lift

Hi and thanks for your question and the simulation

There is no replacement for a face to face consultation so your Plastic Surgeon is in the best position to advise you on size.  According to the simulation, you have quite a wide base width so you could accommodate a large implant though it looks like you will need them in a submuscular position.

There is not a lot of difference between a 485cc and 500cc so as long as your Plastic Surgeon agrees, the 500cc should be fine.  You do need to be aware that when you have strtchy tissues, the heavier implants may cause more sagging over time.

I doubt you will need a lift with the implant sizes you are considering.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS
Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon

How big should breast implants be?

It is very difficult to determine the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 350 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. . Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the below link.

Would 500cc be a good size implant with a lollipop lift? Breasts saggy after breastfeeding 2 kids

The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue for the first 3 to 4 months! 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Would 500cc be a good size implant with a lollipop lift?

Thank you for the question.  Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, patients undergoing the breast augmentation/lifting combination operation should understand that it is significantly more complex than breast augmentation surgery only and that it is associated with a significantly higher risk of complications and need for additional surgery. 
Also, patients undergoing the combination breast augmentation/lifting surgery should understand that there are limits as to how large of an outcome can be achieved, given that breast lifting surgery does involve breast skin removal. On the one hand, breast augmentation surgery is expanding the breast skin “envelope” while breast lifting is (by definition) tightening up the breast skin envelope. These 2 forces are counteracting each other.
Therefore, it becomes important to remove the appropriate amount of breast skin and to use the appropriate size/profile of breast implants to balance these 2 forces appropriately and to allow for achievement of the patient's goals while minimizing risks of complications.
Also, generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. The use of temporary intraoperative sizers with the patient in the upright position makes selection of the best breast implant size/profile relatively easy.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast lifting surgery concerns), helps.