About laser hair removal types that work effectively on Asian skin?

I have been on laser hair removal treatment for quite long. MOST of the hairs on my forehead n cheeks are gone but m still having problem in my jaw line n it's not being removed. I used nd yag n diode lasers consequently in Nepal n now m in Aus n thinking of doing candela Yag. M an Asian with olive skin n my hairs r dark n coarse .Will that work on me? N sud i use eflora cream while on treatment.? M really worried..... please guide me with ur information

Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question in regards to laser hair removal. Based on your skin type it is best to stay with a 1064 wavelength to avoid pigmentation issues. Keep in mind, laser hair removal is not a permanent solution, it is a hair reduction treatment over the course of several treatments. Over the course of treatments the hairs become thinner, lighter and less coarse. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

#LaserHairRemoval in darker skin types

Dear A. Thapa:

I do not believe your problem is due to the type of laser being used. If the hairs are fine, an alexandrite such as #GentleLase would work the best. If they are course, the NdYag, Diode and Alexandrite lasers should all be effective.  I suspect that when you began your treatments, the energy used was not high enough, thus stunning but not killing the hair follicles.  At this point, I would have the treatments at a physician's office, make sure the doctor chooses the settings to be used, and look for an alexandrite laser. A more detailed explanation can be found in the link below.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD