Am I an Ultherapy candidate? (photos)

Looking into Ultherapy for lower face and under chin. My face is thin and I'm concerned about the stories of fat loss that some have reported.

Candidacy for Ultherapy

First off, you certainly have significant facial volume loss; Ultherapy will not help with this. Rather, filler injections or fat grafting represent a good option. 

Ultherapy will be more helpful for laxity related changes of the face and the neck. Therefore, you should consider the synergy of filling and toning for the best outcome.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy Candidate

As we age, collagen production is reduced, and as a result, our skin begins to droop and sag.  These signs of aging are noticeable on your face based on the images you have provided. However, without an in person consultation it is hard to determine if you are a suitable candidate without knowing your age, lifestyle and skin type.

Ultherapy is the best non-invasive method for tightening and lifting eyebrows, jowls, and necks. With the use of ultrasonic energy, Ultherapy heats tissues and muscles under the surface of the skin, stimulating the production of collagen.  Ultherapy, when administered correctly, should not cause fat atrophy on the face and/or neck. 

For the hollowness around the lip and cheek area, I would suggest a combination of Ultherapy for skin tightening and dermal filler injections to restore volume which makes the skin appear more youthful and rejuvenated. 

When you are exploring the options of a facial procedure, make sure that you also explore the right type of cosmetic surgeon to perform your procedure. A facial plastic surgeon is a cosmetic doctor that is an expert strictly in the head and neck which is where Ultherapy is indicated to treat.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lower Face and Under Chin Fat Reduction - See and Expert

It's difficult to give a solid answer from the pictures provided, but it seems you would be a good candidate. Please consult with an expert to discuss the best and safest treatment options for you. There are also other options for the under chin area such as Kybella or even CoolSculpt Mini which is can give you great fat reduction results.  As well as hi def lipo with VASER AND THERMIRF.

Ultherapy candidacy

Based on your limited pictures, you appear to be a good candidate for ultherapy. I would also recommend soft tissue filler or a series of Sculptera treatments before the ulthera treatment to stimulate and enhance youthful mid face volume.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ulthera

You look like a good candidate for Ulthera.  It should help to tighten up the jawline and submental areas.  May also benefit from some Kybella if still have some fat under the chin after the ulthera.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ultherapy effect on fat

Thanks for your question. The effect of Ultherapy on facial fat volume has been studied and found to be negligible. In fact, even if the treatment were done 'incorrectly' this would still be the case. The FDA has examined those claims and found them to be unsubstantiated. You would appear to be an excellent candidate based on your photos. Be sure to have it done by an experienced Ultherapist, because advanced skill can enhance your result from this procedure. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

Lift with Ultherapy

You look like a great candidate for Ultherapy.  Ultherapy will help tighten the lax skin around your jawline and submental area.  Ultherapy does not melt fat.  It is extremely important to ensure that your Ultherapy technician has a lot of experience with the procedure.  Just like any aesthetic procedure, if Ultherapy is put in the wrong hands, there could be an issue but in my practice we have had amazing results.  Using ultrasound imaging, transducers with different depths are selected and the ultrasound energy can target precise depths of the patients’ lax skin and soft tissue of the face and neck.  Since the Ultherapist is reading the ultrasound, they have complete control on whether the are heating up fat.  

You may also want to consider Kybella in addition to Ultherapy if you have submental fullness. Please make an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good Luck! 

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS