Do mini-face lifts have to be done under general anesthesia?

Mini lifts can be performed under local anesthesia

Thanks for sharing.  Mini lifts can be performed under local anesthesia and oral sedation (valium tablets) or IV anesthesia.  I feel general anesthesia is alot of anesthesia for this smaller procedure.  I perform mini lifts and even full facelifts under local anesthesia and oral sedation. Make sure your board certified surgeon is comfortable with doing your mini lift under this light sedation.  

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Local Anesthesia

Mini-lifts are often performed under local anesthesia.  The sedation can be some pills, some IV medications, or even deeper sedation.  Sedation keeps you from "hearing" the work being performed and the surgery takes time to complete the many details required.

Dr. Denkler

Local Anesthesia

Dr. Denkler

Mini-lift without general anesthesia

Mini-lifts can be done without general anesthesia.  In fact, they can be done with oral sedation and local, or IV sedation and local.  Benefits include less risk (because there is no general anesthesia involved), and lower cost (no fees for anesthesia).  Results and outcomes are no different then under general anesthesia.  I would discuss this option with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini-lift without general anesthesia

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Micro Lift: Surgery Under Local Anesthesia

Hello:

You ask an excellent question. Not all mini or micro facelifts have to be performed under general anesthesia. In fact, in my New York City office we have a specialized procedure called the Micro Lift which can be done under local anesthesia. I describe the micro lift as improved look a woman gets when she pulls her hair back in a pony tail. This procedure is a permanent solution to achieve that appearance. This is an excellent option for the following reasons:

1. It is minimally invasive and takes less than an hour in-office

2. It is performed under local anesthesia

3. If you are not a candidate for a full facelift and do not want a long post-surgical recovery.

4. The Micro Lift is quick, safe and has minimal downtime related to recovery.

I am going to include a website link that explains in more detail the benefits of a Micro Lift as well as a video that discusses the procedure in detail. I hope you find this information useful in your decision making process.

I do want to advise you that selecting a board certified facial plastic surgeon is crucial. Board certification matters. You do not want to put your face in the hands of an inexperienced plastic surgeon that is not board certified in facial plastic surgery. Expertise and skill are paramount when you are considering facial surgery. Please feel free to reach out to our New York City office if we can help answer any questions you might have.

Sincerely,

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS

Double Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello:

Sincerely,

Philip J. Miller, MD, FACS

Mini Facelift Under Local Anesthesia

Mini Facelifts are routinely performed under local anesthesia with mild oral sedation.  The benefits of this are that the patient does not have to undergo general anesthesia, there are no hospital visits, and the cost of the procedure is less because there are no anesthetic fees involved.  Prior to having any surgical procedure, the patient will follow up with their primary physicians for medical clearance, to be evaluated to see if they are candidates for this type of anesthesia.  I would suggest in person consultation with a surgeon specializing in facial cosmetic surgery to see if you are a candidate for a Mini Facelift.  

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini Facelift Under Local Anesthesia

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mini lift anesthesia

photographs are not available. It is important to understand that in many left really has limited application. Patients needing extensive network probably are not good candidates for mini lift nor are people who have heavy folds and creases. Although I do a lot of faceless only a small percentage of my patients are candidates for mini lift. It works well for patients with excellent skin, minimal folds and sagging skin, and no neck problems. Even then I prefer IV sedation for maximum patient comfort and the best results.

Mini lift anesthesia

Lower face/neck lifts are done under local now and much easier to undergo.

A lower face/neck lift is such a nice procedure to undergo under local with a little iv sedation for comfort  and with so much less complications than under general anesthesia.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini lifts

Mini lifts are usually done under local anaesthetic. Remember mini lifts give mini results, something that is not always disclosed when the surgery is being promoted.

Mini lifts

Anesthesia for mini lifts

This is an excellent question.  In my practice, most of my mini lifts are performed under local anesthesia combined with oral sedation.  Patients are very comfortable, and appreciate not having post operative nausea.  Most full face lifts and neck lifts are performed under IV sedation or what is commonly called twilight anesthesia.  This is a more involved procedure and is best done under sedation.  All patients have to be evaluated on an individual basis.

Anesthesia for mini lifts

A Facelift with Local Anesthetia

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift, individualized for each patient, that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.

The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic can be improved with a Lite Lift™.

A Facelift with Local Anesthetia