What is too high A1C to qualify for mommy makeover type 2 diabetic?

I was morbidly obese 2 years ago and took pills for type II diabetes. Now that I am 100 pounds lighter I am scheduled for TT and BA in 4 weeks, and pre-op in 2 weeks. My diabetes is controlled with diet and exercise. I am gathering my pre-op tests and my A1C is 6.6. Is that too high to qualify of surgery? I've passed everything so far and did my intro with my surgeon who excepted me.

MM for a diabetic

Most Diabetics can have plastic surgery safely. To minimize risks, you, your diabetic doctor along with your plastic surgeon need to make sure that your diabetes is under good control before and after the procedure. Although some complications may be increased, such as infection, the odds are generally in your favor that you will do OK

Mommy make-over =- concerned re A1C

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• First - congratulations on your weight loss. Well done!
  • Your A1C of 6.6. should be low enough to allow your surgery to be done without concern.
  • Call your surgeon's office and ask them to have your surgeon himself confirm this for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS