Is 7 days since my rhinoplasty. My question is it will be better when swelling passes? (Photos)

On 10/26/2016 I have rhinoplasty is been 7 days today dr removed the cast I love the area where he removed the hump..and I like my nose uplifted but not that much I feel bad ...my nose will looks like that forever??I need to know I wait 17 year for this and I don't like the tip of my nose that much lifted...

Immediate post op rhinoplasty swelling

Your nose will be swollen to some degree for at least six months after surgery, the swelling will reduce gradually.  One week is too early to gauge results but you appear to be right on track.  If you have any questions, you should contact your board certified rhinoplasty expert. 

Rhinoplasty at 7 days

At 7 days post you are still very swollen. You need to give it a chance to heal. Best of luck.........

Post op swelling

Swelling after rhinoplasty can make it difficult to see your results this soon after surgery.  It can take 6-12 months for swelling to resolve.  Allow it some more time as you will likely see significant improvement. If you are still not happy,I suggest you discuss your concerns with your surgeon. 

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD

Too soon to judge your results

As you suspect, it is too soon to judge your results. Your body is healing and your face/nose is still swollen. It may take up to 6 months for things to fully subside. If you are still unhappy at that point, schedule an appointment to see your surgeon but, for now, be patient and kind to yourself. I know it's frustrating.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon