How much will it cost to just have the opening of the vagina just stitch up where I gave birth?

How much will it cost just to have the opening of vagina stitched up?

Repair of your opening or perineoplasty costs about 2500 dollars.  If you want to have your entire vagina tightened at the same time then the cost will be about twice that.   If you include some photos we can give you a better idea of what you may need.  Also what kind of symptoms are you trying to fix?

Cost of perineoplasty

Thank you for your question, but I am left with more questions for you?

Are you bothered by looseness, appearance or both?
Are you wanting to have more children?
Do you have symptoms of vaginal relaxation such as stress incontinence, difficulties with bowel movements or pressure?

These and many more are critical in choosing the right surgery and surgeon for you. If it's only appearance then the cost is less than if you're looking for increased sensation as well since this may require a vaginoplasty as well.

Alternatively, an excellent non-surgical option to enhance sexual gratification, vaginal dryness, and stress urinary incontinence is the FemiLift vaginal laser. This won't do anything for appearance, however.

Below is a link with more information on Cosmetic Gynecology. Ask the right questions and choose your procedure and surgeon based on your goals and their expertise, not on price.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your vaginal opening injury.  If not repaired correctly after a birth related tear or episiotomy a woman's vaginal opening will be accidentally enlarged and oval in shape. Repair to a more anatomic position can be performed and ranges between 2000 and 3000 dollars.  Hope this helps.

Repair of the vaginal opening after childbirth

Childbirth damages more than the vaginal opening. If you're trying to restore the vagina to something closer to pre-baby size, you will need a combination of perineoplasty and tightening of the deeper vaginal muscles. The combo is called colpoperineoplasty or vaginoplasty and is a much better solution. Keep in mind that you may also have damaged vaginal supports which need to be repaired for a vaginoplasty to be effective. The first step is to see your gynecologist and have your vagina examined thoroughly for childbirth damage.

Costs vary

Dear Ms Step34

Here in Atlanta GA we charge $2500 for a perineoplasty. The surgery need to be done so a patient is happy with the cosmetic and physical/functional results.  Over repair of this are will make the vaginal opening too tight and creates painful intercourse.  Failure to repair it appropriately will give up an unsatisfactory cosmetic results. Please choose  surgeon wisely.

John R Miklos MD FACS, FACOG, FPMRS
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai