Where can I buy reasonably priced compression garments and post op medications?

I want to know where I can buy resonably priced compression wear for post op in the USA. I am from Australia and will be booking in for sugery in LA; end jan/early feb. I think my surgeon Dr Tom Pousti will have one for me to purchase but I would like more for when I am washing the other. Are they expensive? What is a reasonable budget? I am having a mummy make over with inner upper thigh work if everything goes smoothly. Also is it a good idea to get my meds before I leave Australia?

Preparing for Post Op with Compression Garments and Medications

The purpose of the post-procedure #garment is to provide some gentle #support and to reduce swelling following a #TummyTuck or #Abdominoplasty. If it feels too tight or causes pain, take it off. Patients wear the #elastic garment for several weeks after surgery, as directed by their doctor. Some choose to wear it longer for several months for comfort.

Its best to consult with your board-certified Plastic Surgeon beforehand. She or he will make suggestions according to your procedure and medical records in addition to discussing your pre-op preparations. Also, such may be provided for you with your pre-op material and prescriptions in time for your recovery period. You will learn more about preparing at your pre-op appointment. 

Garments

The best source will be your surgeon.  We usually provide two garments for convenience.  If you require more, I'm sure they can be purchased for minimal cost.  If your medications can be covered by insurance, it would be a good idea to get them before you leave, assuming the medications your surgeon recommends are available in Australia.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

I would email your surgeon.  I respond to all of my patient emails.  I think that this is very important when patients are from out-of-town as are 50% of my patients. 

Compressive garments can be bought inexpensively online.

Compressive garments after body contour surgery need not be expensive. They can be purchased online.

Where can I buy reasonably priced compression garments and post op medications.

Patients often ask their surgeons for additional garments and in our office we sell them at our cost to our patients.  I'm certain Dr. Pousti can get you another at reasonable cost.  The initial surgical compression garment can be rather constricting and after the first week or two it is possible to switch to a less restrictive garment that can be purchased through a company like Spanx.com.   Check with Dr. Pousti, first.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Compression Garment for Mommy Makeover

You can all Dr. Pousti's office and ask about purchasing more than one garment. They would be a good resource for discussing medications and all other surgical plans. As your surgeon, he or someone from his office will be the best person to ask about the details regarding your surgery.

All the best.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Preparing for surgery in US when traveling from Australia

Thank you for asking about your surgical compression garments after your mommy make-over.

• Your surgeon can order you a second garment, 
  • It is best to buy the second after a week - since the first may not fit well,
  • On line, try Marena or Spanx for a second stage (no zipper) garment/girdle.
  • Cost is about $50 - 75 for any garment,
  • Your surgeon will order your prescriptions - they are not valid in Australia,
  • If he tells you what medicines you will need, you can ask your regular doctor to write those prescriptions for you before you leave Australia. 
  • In the US, these prescriptions will be about $50, if generic.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.