Invisalign for overjet? (Photo)

Hi, I've had braces before to correct a severe overjet (after extractions), and my bite turned out okay, but not great. However, I lost the retainer several years ago and I know that my overjet has worsened since. I'm wondering if Invisalign is a good option for me? My daughter just finished twin block treatment to correct a recessed lower jaw, and I believe I have the same issue, if this makes a difference in treatment options.

Invisalign could help your Overjet

Yes, Invisalign can help with your overjet situation. Its results would be comparable to traditional braces without surgery. Although to bring your jaw forward surgical options would be necessary; which is an option.All the best,

Los Angeles Dentist

Sounds like traditional braces got your bite and overjet to an acceptable level in the past. Likely Invisalign could help you to achieve that same positioning again. As you are aware, to really bring your lower teeth and jaw forward, surgery will be involved.
Yes, if the surgical positioning is your ultimate goal, plan for that and have the surgeon and orthodontist determine the sequence of treatment. Don't do Invisalign and then a year later decide to treat the situation surgically. You may end up spending more time, money and effort doing it that way.

Charles Briscoe, DDS
La Jolla Dentist

Invisalign / overjet

Invisalign could be used to get your overjet back to where it originally was after your first orthodontic treatment. It may not be able to improve it any more than was done with your conventional Orthodontic treatment earlier. If that is an acceptable and desirable placement of your teeth, then I would definitely recommend proceeding with Invisalign to get your smile back to the place where you liked it before you lost your retainers.

Douglas Jopling,  DDS
Dallas,  Texas area