Son hit new implant with basketball? (photo)

My 2 yr old son threw a basketball at me and it hit my new left breast implant (5 days post op). I feel a throbbing pain now. There's no bruising yet. Anything that I should look out for or be concerned about?

Trauma after Breast Augmentation?

I am sorry to hear about the “trauma” you have experienced (Did he get excited about the start of the NBA season?). If your physical examination has changed in any way, you will be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon ASAP. The concern, of course would be whether or not there has been some bleeding.

Post-op trauma

Your photo makes it difficult to assess since you only show one breast and comparison is helpful. However, given your concerns, it is very appropriate for you to see your surgeon and have an examination. Hope it all turns out well for you.

Mark P. Solomon, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Trauma after surgery

You should have your doctor evaluate you to make sure you have normal post operative swelling and not a hematoma. Donald R. Nunn MD

Donald Nunn, MD

Post op bleeding after breast augmentation?

If your left breast is significantly larger than the right, then you likely have some internal bleeding and need to see your surgeon right away. Don't wait for the bruising to show up.

Trauma after breast augmentation

This is a common question. I would first recommend that you go see your surgeon. But also look in the mirror and look for any new bruising. Look at the breast that was hit and compare it in size and swelling to the other breast. If they still look similar, you are most likely fine. Try to avoid further trauma and let your surgeon know what happened.

Moises Salama, MD

Son hit new implant with basketball?

If there is no bruising or contour change, chances are nothing harmful has occurred. If any question, a visit to your surgeon will be the best source of reassurance.All the best.