Help with this tattoo; is there anything else i can do to remove this tattoo? (Photos)

I had this tattoo done 5 years ago, i hate it since day 1 the guy who did it told me to cover it with white ink and the tatoo would fade and it would be easy to cover, after that done i decided to get laser done. I had done 12 to 15 sessions different types and nothing had changed doctors always tell me that i am going to see results next session i am really done trying laser. Would it be possible to get an excision or is there anything else i can do to remove this tattoo? Thank you.

Laser tattoo removal

Thank you for your question.  It seems that you are being treated with an older Q-switched laser.  Picosecond lasers are the latest in tattoo removal and before considering surgery I would suggest trying a few picosecond laser treatments.  I have seen great results with the Enlighten.
Good Luck!

I do excisions for tattoos. u can some of the pics on my profile page on real self. the problem with your tattoo is its a wide tattoo. and it is on an area where the skin is very thin. hence the risk of scarring is quite high. which can limit your ability to have full movement at the wrist. its possible to excise it in stages but i leave it up to you to decide.

Misbah Khan MD, FAAD, FACMS