Will shape of breasts even out over time? Sides are full. (photos)

I'm 3 weeks post with 334cc silicone on one side and 304cc on the other, implants placed under the muscle. I was a small A cup previously and am petite. I'm feeling like my breasts are now very round and pushing to the sides, to the point where I feel them againsty arms. Is this normal and will they change shape over time? I feel like they are still tight and very full. Thanks so much!

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.
Its early to talk about results.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

3 weeks post breast augmentation

At three weeks post breast augmentation,  the breasts are still healing. You have to give it at least 3-4 months to see how things will settle first. Best of luck.

Breasts

You are very early in the healing and setting process.

Keep Close follow up with your plastic surgeon during the next several weeks to months.

Will shape of breasts even out over time? Sides are full.

At only three weeks post operative you are very early in the healing process. Your breasts will conitnue to change shape. Please address any concerns with yoru chosen surgeon. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Thank you for your question. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.

Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.
Sometimes, one or both breasts implants do not settle as planned and revisionary breast surgery becomes necessary to improve the outcome. On other occasions, if the long-term breast asymmetry is mild ( understanding that absolute symmetry is very rarely achieved), patients will need to decide whether proceeding with revisionary breast surgery is worth the potential downsides associated with additional surgery.
Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Early in recovery phase

At this point, you are pretty early in the recovery phase of your breast augmentation and this tightness in implants feeling like they're out to the sides will abate over the next few weeks to about a month or so. Be patient. They will soften and look more like you hope and expect in about a month. Follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon is recommended. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Yes

You are in your early post operative phase after breast augmentation.  It takes 3-6 months for your breast implants to settle.  I would follow your surgeon's guidance regarding massage and sports bras.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS