Sensitivity after root canal and permanent crown

I had a root canal and about a month and a half ago. I had no issues/sensitivity with the temp, but with the perm the front part of my tooth is sensitive to touch and when I floss. The crown has been adjusted for bite. I am going to see the doctor who did my original root canal, but am feeling very anxious about what the problem might be, and couldn't get an appointment until 2 weeks from now. I have no swelling, my gums look fine, and my x-ray came back clean.

Sensitivity after root canal and #crown #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
It's not uncommon to experience some discomfort for a few weeks after a root canal and crown. Since you are experiencing sensitivity a month and a half post op, it's important to see your dentist for an evaluation. There are a number of possible causes of your pain. The tooth could have a small fracture in it, root canal treatment is failing, or the new crown could still be high (another bite adjustment would be necessary). Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100