Is it okay to have a massage on the area where I had the Botox injection last Thursday?

I had Botox injection last thursday for upper limb spasity around the shoulder area, Is it okay to go for a massage for tightness around the shoulder and area. I still have tightness around my shoulder, will that loosen as time the week goes bye and will it help areas around that are being pulled from the shoulder, ( upper shoulder, under arm to front of arm, and rib cage).

Botox injections and massage

There is no problem having a massage a few days after your Botox Therapeutic injections.  I hope it improves your tightness.

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and Massage

Botox is a fabulous treatment for dynamic lines on the face. After three days you can safely have a massage. Best, Dr. Green

Botox for spasticity

This is a forum for cosmetic questions. You are not having a cosmetic concern and it would be unusual for a physician on this forum to have significant or relevant experience related to your concerns. Please discuss this matter with your treating physician.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and massage

you don't say how long it has been but there should be no problem getting a massage in areas away from the botox injection and even after a week in the area of injection

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Massaging an area that had Botox

I would generally advise waiting at least 3 days before having an area that had Botox be massaged. At 6 days, you'll have no problems.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

It is saf​e to get massage therapy in areas injected with Botox 3 days post procedure. ​

It is safe to get massage therapy in areas injected with Botox 3 days post procedure.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Massaging area that was injected with Botox

Thank you for sharing your question. It is fine to massage the area that was injected with Botox 6 days ago. The surrounding areas might relax with some more time passing as well. I hope you feel better. Good luck.