My silicone implants are 10 years old. I have a dull ache behind the nipple and down arm on one side which comes and goes.

Doctor Answers 3

Visit Your Doctor

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. I recommend that you go see a Doctor in person- either you Plastic Surgeon for examination of your implants or your primary care physician and let them know about any other symptoms you are experiencing so that they can provide a full assessment.
All the best

See your plastic surgeon to evaluate your dull ache behind the nipple, radiating down your arm.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Greetings,      You should make a follow-up appointment with your plastic surgeon to evaluate the source of your discomfort.        If this atypical breast and arm discomfort is left sided, you should have it evaluated by your regular physician and get an EKG. If you experience this pain again on the left side, you also could go to the emergency room for an evaluation.       Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 68 reviews

Breast discomfort

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An examination is the best way to help determine the cause of your symptoms.  Contact your physician for an appointment.  You may expect that further testing such as an ultrasound or mammogram may be ordered.  Best wishes.

Camille Cash, MD
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.