Why is my stomach firm as a brick? I am still wearing binder garment & corset during the day. Is something wrong? (Photo)

The bottom of my stomach is hard as a brick. The top is softer but my flanks have hard lumps as well. Is this a complications? This can't be right? Is this because I removed the compression garment to let my skin breathe for an hour or so? During the night I wear the binder garment, at work hours I wear a corset, so I'm pretty compressed. I'm not happy with the way my stomach looks/feels. And the top of my private is very puffy. My post op appt. is tomorrow. What questions should I ask my PS?

Firmness after liposuction

It's very normal to have firmness, swelling and lumps and bumps after liposuction. Being out of a garment for an hour isn't the cause. Be sure to wear your garment(s) as your doctor prescribed. At the first follow-up visit in my office, we educate you on expectations for the timeline for healing, check to see that things are progressing normally (and the things you've mentioned are normal), and guide you regarding the wearing of your garment and massage for the treated areas. We always welcome phone calls if there is any concern, and I'm sure your physician will too. 

San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Hardness

You still have some swelling, especially in the lower part of your abdomen due to gravity. Continue to wear your garment as your surgeon has prescribed. Over the next several months, the swelling will subside. Your surgeon may also recommend gentle massage to help decrease this swelling. Keep your appointment with your doctor and discuss any concerns you have.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

You did not mention when you and the liposuction, but I am assuming that it was recently. It can take several weeks for the majority of swelling to go away, but it can take many months for all of it to go away.

Unhappy with liposuction result

Thank you for your question about your liposuction.

I am sorry you are concerned.
If your liposuction was done in the last 4 - 6 weeks, this could be entirely normal.
Let your surgeon know your concerns and ask for an assessment of your healing and guidance on your garments.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes

Tumt hard as brick after sugery

You did not mention how long since surgery you are, or exactly what type of surgery you had.  From the steristrips on your skin, it appears that you a had ;liposuction, but it you had a tummy tuck too, the healing time will be longer.  That being said, it is normal to feel hard and lumpy for at least a month after lipo, and 3 months after tummy tuck.  You appear to be healing normally from your picture. Your surgeon can answer the questions about the lumps.  Ask him whether or not he liposuctioned you pubic area, and he can explain the swelling there.  I normally do sucion the mons pubs to level it with the abdomen.  If he did not do this, it can be done later, after all your swelling is gone.

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Contour issues in the short aftermath of liposuction.

I'm not sure when you had your procedure but areas of undo firmness and contour issues are product of swelling and will get better as time passes.