Lift and Implant or implant alone? Also, will lipo work for my Stomach and flanks or do I need a tummy tuck? (Photo)

Hello, I am 31 y/o mother of 5. I am wondering if I need a lift with an implant or will an implant alone work. Also, will lipo on my abdominal area and flanks work or do I need a tummy tuck?

Mommy Makeover With or Without Augmentation Mastopexy

The intentional result of a Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) is to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used especially for breasts which sag or droop (#ptosis) as a result of aging, weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding. However, many women report more satisfaction if an implant is used at the time of #mastopexy. The implants further shape their breasts, restoring superior fullness or volume which may be decreased over time.
In regards to implants alone, this is usually said to be mistake by patients reflecting back at the decision. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy with solely implants. They will sag more and sooner, due to the sudden and excess weight. At times it's possible for a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble to develop as a result.A Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. Always talk to a Plastic Surgeon to discuss your issues and concerns. Information that you read online may not apply to your situation. Make sure your surgeon is boarded by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Makeover - breast & abdo questions

Thanks for your question. Regarding your breasts, the correct choice will depend on several factors like the degree of lift you want to achieve, desired final breast size, tolerance of scars, etc.  You will get a much better idea of the pros and cons of implants alone versus implants + lift after consulting a PS.  As for the tummy, if there is loose skin or decreased muscle tone, a tummy tuck might yield a better result, but again it will depend on your acceptance of the scar.

Mommy Makeover

Mommy makeovers involve various combinations of proceudres to improve the breasts, abdomen, hips, back, arms, legs, buttocks, etc after childbirth.

From your pictures it looks like breast augmentation, tummy tuck, and liposuction would give you the optimal shape and feminine curves. 

Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands. The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. For example, we work in a team and would take around 4-5 hours for the complete operation. This allows us to get better results with less surgical time and less trauma. Our patients are typically wlking the same day and tapering off of pain medications by 4-5 days. By a week, our internattional patients are generally touring around Cartagena enjoying the sites of this World Heritage City. Patients progress to unrestricted activities by 2 months, just as the final results are settling in.

Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Deciding on a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over

It is great that you are considering a mommy make-over.
Final answers do need a face-to-face consulation but this is what the photos suggests:
  • Liposuction of the sides and back combined with a tummy tuck are probably ideal
  • If you don't have a tummy tuck, your tummy will not be as flat as it could be after surgery
  • You have some breast asymmetry - if it bothers you, a small lift/reduction on the larger side and implants on both sides are reasonable to consider.
  • If the asymmetry is not an issue, you may be able to get improvement just with implants.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes.

BL and TT

Hi, thanks for posting your pictures and for your inquiry, I would say that a BL and TT would work great for you. BL with augmentation mostly depends in what you have in mind. Liposuction plus a tummy tuck will give you a beautiful hourglass shape.  I highly recommend to please have a virtual (Skype) or an in person consultation so you can discuss your thoughts, concerns, expectations and options thoroughly, good luck in your PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover surgery and breast lifts

You may do very well with an implant alone without a breast lift. It all depends on your aesthetic, but a minimal lift is all that would be needed in case you decided for a mastopexy.

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Lift and Implant or implant alone? Also, will lipo work for my Stomach and flanks or do I need a tummy tuck?

Hi lady. Thanks for your photos. Here my opinion: You need breast lift with implants, Tummy Tuck, lipo of your back and sides and fat transfer. With these procedures you are going get an excellent shape. Good luck lady!!!

Dr. Marte.

Manuel Marte, MD

The answer for you probably rests more in what your goals happen to be for surgery.  Tummy tuck would tighten the muscles and remove skin and fat but would have the associated scar.  The breast lift does not appear to be necessary though there is some asymmetry that will not improve with breast augmentation.  I would search for the board certified plastic surgeon who you feel is most likely to give you the best results and who performs hundreds of these procedures each year. I would look at patient reviews as well as before and after photos on that surgeon's website.