Just had my 1st Thermiva treatment, noticed slight improvement, Does his mean the 2nd treatment will yield more benefits?

ThermiVa Benefits Accelerate Over Time

Most women respond positively after just the first treatment. In my experience, the second treatment makes even a bigger difference. The third treatment is very important to get the full effect of this great technology. ThermiVa is a great procedure for so many ladies who don't quit need surgery, but would enjoy a tweak. Watch my five part video to learn more about the ThermiVa experience.

Not every patient is the same.

Not every patient is the same. Some patients need fewer treatments; some need more treatments (5-6). In our experience 3 treatments yield the best results…with full benefits in 3 to 6 months. For those who need more we have been combining ThermiVa with PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) enhancement with great results.

Douglas J. Key, MD
Portland Dermatologic Surgeon

1st Thermiva treatment

Hi Euclid,

Thank you for your question. I think it is a great sign the you have noticed an improvement after the first treatment. I would encourage you to continue the treatment as directed. Depending on what it is that you are trying to achieve Thermiva is a great alternative to surgery however it’s not for everyone.

Carlos Mata M.D.,  MBA, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It is recommended that all patients recieve e treatments, one month apart. Although most patients will have great improvement after first treatment, to get long lasting results, and full benefits, , all 3 treatments should be done. ThermiVa is an amazing technology and I am sure you will have great results!

Neda Vanden Bosch, MD
West Palm Beach Physician

Improvement with 1st ThermiVa treatment

It is encouraging that you have seen improvement with your first treatment.  I would adhere to the protocol of 3 treatments as recommended by your physician.  

Good luck,

Improvement with treatments

The best part of the ThermiVa is that it just keeps getting better :)

Follow the customary 3 treatment protocol and you should see further improvement with each treatment.

ThermiVa - Improvement with Treatments

Thank you for your question. Yes, you will continue to see benefits as you go forward with the recommended 3 treatment protocol (each 1 month apart). Many patients notice a drastic improvement after only 1 or 2 treatments so this is a great sign!

Brian M. Kinney, MD, FACS

ThermiVa benefits

Studies have shown that patients will see improvement in their symptoms after the first treatment, but a series of 3 treatments spaced about a month apart is recommended to achieved best results. The results can last up to 1 year and 1 or 2 treatments per year after the initial series are recommended to maintain the benefits. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Will I continue to see improvement with my second thermiva?

Its a good sign that you improved after your first thermiva treatment.  Some patients need surgery and do not benefit from office procedures.  Since you noticed improvement I would continue with the second treatment.  Its only those patients who notice no improvement at all that I encourage to look at surgery instead.  

Thank you for your question!  Yes, you will continue to see improvement as long as you follow the protocol   ThermiVa is done one month apart for 3 sessions then every 6-12 months after that.  After the first treatment, many women see improvement right away with the results getting better each time. Best of luck to you! 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon