How much would labiaplasty cost and what's the down time?

I was wondering how much was labiaplasty , It never looked like this it started to change over time ,

Labiaplasty Healing and Cost

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months. Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks. Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.Costs for #CosmeticLabiaplasty and #CosmeticFemaleSugery will depend upon the specific surgery that is requested, type of anaesthesia, experience of the surgery, and geographic location. Estimated fees can be found on Real Self, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery websites.

Labiaplasty: Solon, Ohio

Thank you for your question. The cost for a labiaplasty is dependent upon the amount of surgery necessary as well as if a clitoral hood reduction is also necessary.  Without a thorough physical examination or at least photographs, it tends to be challenging to give an accurate price.There are several types of surgeons who
promote themselves as performing labiaplasty, but a Cosmetic
Urologist can offer unique qualifications compared to plastic
surgeons, gynecologists and general urologists. Cosmetic
Urologists typically have both extensive training and experience
in both cosmetic and reconstructive genital surgery.  Unlike the large
number of these other specialists, there is a much smaller number
of qualified Cosmetic Urologists who are dedicated to the
surgery of the genitalia.  Other specialists may not have practices
dedicated solely to the genitalia -- plastic surgeons may also
be performing breast implants and facelifts, gynecologists may
also be performing hysterectomies and caring for menopause, and
general urologists may also
be performing surgery for prostate cancer and erectile
dysfunction.To find a surgeon in the Solon, Ohio area, I would recommend doing a search in RealSelf "Find A Doctor":  1) Choose "Cleveland" under "Find Doctors By City"; 2) click on "Show More" under "Find Cleveland Doctors By Treatment"; and, 3) then choose "Labiaplasty".  I hope that this helps.Best of luck.    

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland,
Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

Labiaplasty cost

You don't say how "IT" has changed, but generally labiaplasty can be anywhere from $3,000 on up, depending on what needs to be performed. Better to consider the technique performed by your physician and the look you desire. Not all procedures end up with the same look. I prefer my procedure (see link below) but whether or not you need this technique depends on your anatomy and what you ultimately want to look like. Best to get some consultations before you decide. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Labiaplasty costs vary widely

Expect to pay more for an expert. It's cheaper in the long run and gives you piece of mind knowing you won't get botched. Here's some more info regarding pricing for cosmetic procedures in general:Saavy consumers of cosmetic gynecology need to factor in the costs of everything that goes into the final tally.
First, ask if there is a consultation fee. If so, ask if the fee will be credited toward the surgery if you decide to go ahead. Second, ask if your medical insurance will cover any related charges such as bloodwork testing, prescriptions, etc. In some cases, where medically indicated pelvic floor reconstruction is found to be necessary, the insurance might even cover the cost of surgery - don't get too excited, these situations are exceptions, but it never hurts to ask. Third, ask if there is a facility fee. This is the cost of "renting" the operating room for your surgery. If the surgeon conducts the procedure in-house, the facility fee will be lower or absent. Don't forget to ask what the facility fee does and does not include (e.g. nursing, anesthesia, recovery). Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery or whether it's on the meter like a taxi (by the hour, by the 15 min block, etc). Fourth, ask if there is a charge for anesthesia. These procedures are conducted via local, IV sedation, or general depending on the circumstances. Local is cheap, but not always an option. General is usually most expensive and not always required. Ask if the cost is independent of the duration of the surgery. Fifth, ask if there will be a surgical assistant fee. This may be another surgeon, or a professional scrub tech. The only thing left is the surgeon's fee. Of course, quality doesn't come cheap, but if you've done your homework on steps 1 through 5, you'll make the best use of your resources. In my practice, I use a global fee that covers everything except the anesthesiologist. Other considerations: Don't forget to ask if there is a charge for followup visits to monitor your healing. Few if any surgeons would charge for this service, but if you don't ask... Also, ask about your surgeon's touchup policy. If he/she does touchups that require a steep facility fee, you might get stuck the bill even if they don''t charge a surgical fee.

Labiaplasty cost and downtime?

Labiaplasty, which most commonly involves surgical reduction of the labia minora (inner/thinner lips) but not infrequently trimming or tucking of the labia majora (outer/thicker lips), has become a relatively common procedure over the last ten and even more so last five years.  Most commonly it is done under light sedation (aka twighlight sleep) with local anesthesia, in which case the patient should feel no pain during the operation.  Whether the surgery is done using a laser, scalpel, or scissors does not really matter but what does matter is "symmetry".  Symmetry is the most important aspect to the final aesthetic result.  Most women, just like yourself, prefer to have as much of the darker pigmented edges removed as possible.  Also, it's not how much tissue is removed but how much is left remaining because a certain amount is necessary to maintain proper form and function - typically ~10 mm or so of the dry part of the labia.  To achieve these three most important elements, I have found that the "Trim Method" satisfies best.  It is extremely important to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this operation (does at least 1 - 2 per week).  It may cost you a bit more but it is this type of result you will want to live with for the rest of your life.  Typical (all inclusive) fee at my office/surgery center is $4500.
Although there is no guarantee, women frequently do seek clitoral hood reduction (Hoodectomy) to improve exposure of the clitoris and hence better stimulation during sexual activity. By removing some of the excess &/or redundant skin concealing the clitoris, it becomes more readily exposed to sexual stimulation and hence a heightened sexual experience/orgasm is possible.  Sometimes I recommend adding hoodectomy to labiaplasty to better harmonize the aesthetic outcome.  Again, the key is seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or gynecologist who performs this procedure regularly (>2-3 x/month) so that just the right amount of tissue is removed and just the right amount remains such that the clitoris is not constantly exposed and rubbing on clothing, etc... Typical fee for a hoodectomy is ~$3000 but reduced to about half that price if done along with a labiaplasty.
Now for recovery, because the labia tissue is so robust with blood supply it has an amazing ability to heal relatively quickly.  Most patients are sore for 4-5 days before things start to get a lot better from there.  Some patients can resume work before this time depending upon their occupation.  No exercise for two weeks, no baths/jacuzzi or swimming for 3 weeks, and no sexual activity for typically 4 weeks.  My patients are given an oral pain medication such as Vicodin or Percocet but icing the area for the first 48 hours and applying some custom  made take-home topical local anesthetic cream seems to work the best.  Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Labiaplasty costs

Hi and thank you for your question. The costs will vary greatly depending upon your anatomy and what is needed. You should seek a specialist in cosmetic gynecology procedures who has experience in this procedure. You may need labia minora reduction, labia majora reduction, prepuce reduction, perineoplasty, etc. So it really depends upon your exam and what your goals are.

Labiaplasty Costs

hi! Thanks for your question! Labiaplasty costa can vary depending on size of labia, excess prepuce, hood work, types of anesthesia, surgery center costs and of course experience of surgeon! Typical average surgeon fees are in the range of 5-7,500 dollars for labiaplasty alone. You may find cheaper, however in this field cheaper is not better and you must look at the experience of the surgeon, before and after pictures and satisfaction rates of their patients. Be careful of "in-office" procedures under local just to save money as well. We have found that in most cases the best results area acheived with the patient under anesthesia. Best of luck to you, Dr Robert MooreAtlanta - Beverly Hills - Dubai

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your decision to pursue surgery.  Labiaplasty costs will vary widely based on surgeon experience, anesthesia technique used, surgical facility costs, and location across the country.  Anticipate costs to range widely and the best decision is to see a number of Labiaplasty surgeons in your area for consultation to have a better sense of the Ohio region.  Labial changes can occur over time due to hormonal changes but a labiaplasty can be performed to help reduce overall size and narrow asymmetries.  Hope this helps.

Labiaplasty cost

Thank you for sharing your question as this is asked often. AS you know insurance companies in the past rarely paid for the surgical procedure -- labia reduction.   Since the so called "Affordable Healthcare Act" has been implemented the chance of getting the insurance  companies to pay now is even less possible as the deductible have increased dramatically.  In the past the patients would often have deductibles of $1000 or $2000 but now I have patients coming in with deductibles of $8,0000 to 12,000.00.This means you need to pay the first $8,000-12000 out of your pocket prior to the insurance company helping out.  The affordable healthcare act is not so affordable for patients and has changed the game.   Please choose a surgeon based upon their experience, expertise, reputation and results (before and after photos) do not choose a surgeon based upon cost, location and so called board certification.  Every week there are botched labia surgeries on this website from patients who have chosen surgeons who just don't have the experience nor get the results.  Often these results are not fixable.  Choose the best surgeon to minimize the chance of having poor results.  John R Miklos MD Urogynecology & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

LabiaplastyVaginal Rejuvenation

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon