Chest pain - I had a lump removed from my left breast in June.

Then followed removal of 19 lymph nodes i now have shooting pains in both breasts and have a very tight chest which hurts when i breath and have pain in my shoulder and back

Pain after mastectomy

it sounds like you had a concerning level of disease and that your doctors were leaning towards being more aggressive/thorough with tissue removal. Being at the 5 month mark still puts you in the time of healing where the tissue is tight and hard. The tissue will eventually soften and losen, but this may take a few more weeks/months. In the mean time, ask your doctors for a referral to a physical therapist to make sure you have the best range of motion and to get baseline measurements and consultation for lymphedema prevention. They may also want to consider ultrasound therapy.