I am 8 days postop from a brachioplasty. Today I noticed swelling from my elbow to my wrists in both arms.

I've been wearing compression sleeves only for the last 3 days. But swelling is making my wrist movement difficult. Is swelling like this pretty typical or normal several days after surgery?

Certainly you should see your plastic surgeon who performed the procedure.  It is quite possible that the compression is too tight and it is impeding fluid return from your arms.

Good luck to you..

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after brachioplasty

Thanks  you for your question. Postop swelling after brachioplasty is quite common. Make sure your compression garment goes to your wrist and elevate your arms above your heart on pillows when you're able to. Always voice your concerns to your Surgeon. Good luck 

Mehdi K. Mazaheri, MD

Swelling with compression.

I suspect your compression garments have something to do with your new swelling. Perhaps wearing a better fitting garment will reduce the hand swelling or speak with your plastic surgeon about it. Best, Dr.  ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Swelling 3 days after arm lift

Thank you for your question about your arm lift.

It sounds as though your compression garment is too tight. Or that you have not been elevating your arms enough - or both. I suggest you contact your surgeon or go in to have the garment fit checked.

Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS