I had a TT 6 months ago. I have fatty handing skin in pubis area on each side. Doctor said this is normal. I am so upset (Photo)

I had to 6 months ago and went back and doctor said that my fatty hanging skin was normal because I had fatty organs. It did not say this bad before. I also had Lipo. Is this normal? What can I do to fix this?

Tummy tuck problem

Hello and thank you for your question. If that is truly your result 6 months post surgery then you need to possibly broach revision surgery with your ps. Other than the excess skin low down the result is good and removing the excess skin should be straight forward.

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Skin in pubis area after tummy tuck.

Your results look very good in the abdomen, though we can see your concern with the skin laxity low in the pubic area. This is typical for individuals after weight loss but is often corrected in the tummy tuck procedure. Let yourself fully heal another six months, and then let your surgeon have a second look as the laxity can be corrected with a revision if needed.

Laxity after TT

Based on your photos, I would ask your surgeon for a revision. Your upper abdomen looks good as does  your belly button, but you have residual skin that should be removed. It should be a straightforward procedure but could be done anytime. If they will not agree to it, I would seek another opinion. Best wishes. 

I had a TT 6 months ago. I have fatty handing skin in pubis area on each side. Doctor said this is normal. I am so upset

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear that your current results have not been what you anticipated.  By 6 months much of your healing has taken place and it does appear that you have remaining excess skin in your abdominla area.  It is difficult without an in-person examination to assess whether this is continued swelling, muscle laxity, excess skin, or visceral fat but if your surgeon is not providing you with answers you feel are appropriate, seek a second opinion from an ASPS plastic surgeon.  Best wishes.

Swelling

You may still be swollen 6 months out.  If the extra skin remains, you may need a revision to remove it.  This would be a much smaller procedure that your first one. 

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon