Snoopy Breast Deformity? Or Something More? (photo)

I had breast augmentation 4 weeks ago, 450cc naturelle submuscular. My problem is the skin seems to be falling off my implant, and my nipples arent central at all they are very low. I was told a lift wasnt needed so whats going on? Why the sag and why the low nipples? My surgeon said my implants need to drop but the longer the time goes by the worse they look. Any suggestions?

May need more time.

Hello. Four weeks is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Lift likely needed

4 weeks may be early, but in my opinion, you will need a vertical mastopexy (lollipop lift). Best to wait 3 months prior to making definitive decisions. See link to see the process.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Appears as if the surgeon might have made a poor pre operative decision. You needed a lifting. And this is the result of poor pre operative diagnosis and choice of operation. Sorry. But you will need additional surgery. 

Breast Augmentation Snoopy Breast

It is possible that you need a small lift to compensate but most would suggest you wait for the implants to fully settle.  This may take 2-4 months.  Sometimes the implants can provide a small lift but if you need more than 1-2 cm then you generally need a lift.

Eric Egozi, MD

Concerned About Deformity 4 Weeks Post Augmentation

It's usually suggested to wait 6  to 12 months depending on the reason for #revision and it's very early in your healing process yet. #Healing will continue for 2-3 months following your #Breast #Revision procedure. But, it can be up to one year see your final result. Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visits.

Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #asymmetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

I suggest you consult with your plastic surgeon in person to better learn more about this situations and possible correction methods. Matters such as sagging or drooping  and size change will not improve with time. It's best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in person to better learn your options. Matters such as sagging or drooping  and size change will not improve with time. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

Revisional surgery will probably be necessary but this should be postponed for several months.

I don't think that settling of the implants will solve the "Snoopy" deformities of your breasts. However four weeks is too early to make a conclusive judgment. Continue to work your plastic surgeon.

Breast augmentation at 4 weeks post-op

First, pre-op photos would be helpful.  Second you need to give them more time to settle. If the implants do not come down then you will likely need another operation.   If you had sagging breasts before surgery, then you may need a lift.

Snoopy Breast Deformity?

Some pre-op photos would be helpful.  They may show that a combined augmentation and lift might have been a better choice. 

At this point, there may still be some settling of the implants, and it makes sense to wait for that before making any decisions or plans. My guess is that you will do well to have a lift, but now would not be a good time--if the areolas are centered on the current implant position, and the implants continue to drop, are areolas will be too high and that is difficult to  fix. 

Stay in close touch with your surgeon. Best wishes.