I had BA 7 days ago and for some reason my left breast has been more sore than my right after looking at my pic it looks like my left breast Is bigger than my right as in fuller is that normal my PS said it could be bc I use my right hand more than my left ! Am I worrying over nothing ?
Why Does my Left Breast Look Fuller and Bigger Than my Right? (photo)
Doctor Answers 13
Breast and symmetric healing after augmentation
Recovery After Breast Surgery
- Stiffness, swelling and bruising in the chest region: These are normal experiences as the skin, muscles and tissue heal. Pain medication and muscle relaxants will help you cope with any discomfort. Consistent sharp pain should be reported to your board-certified surgeon.
- Hypersensitivity of nipples or lack of sensitivity: This is normal and will gradually resolve over time.
- A mild to severe itchy feeling of the breasts is possible as healing progresses. An antihistamine like Benadryl can help to alleviate severe, constant itchiness. If the skin becomes red and hot to the touch, contact your board-certified surgeon immediately.
- Asymmetry, the breasts look different, or heal differently: Breasts may look or feel quite different from one another in the days following surgery. This is normal. No two breasts in nature or following surgery are perfectly symmetrical.
- Discuss returning to work with your board-certified surgeon, in our office it is typically 3-5 days post-surgery but you may not overexert yourself or do any heavy lifting.
- You may resume exercise and your normal routine at six weeks unless your surgeon advises otherwise.
Give it time
Hello. A month and two weeks is not near enough time for the implants to.Your implants will not settle for about another three to four months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. Until then the best thing you can do to help them settle would be to massage and continue using any compressive dressings your surgeon had provided
Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa
You might also like...
Why Does my Left Breast Look Fuller and Bigger Than my Right?
Since this could be a seroma or hematoma, either of which will need to be addressed, a visit to your surgeon is far more valuable than collecting on line opinions.
Alternatives include different preop size (preop photos would have been helpful) difference, swelling, differential position due to muscle tightness.
If there is not fluid collection, and the breasts were even before surgery, expect resolution as swelling resolves and the implants settle.
All the best.
Why Does my Left Breast Look Fuller and Bigger Than my Right
One breast may swell more than the other during the early post op phase. I would discuss this with your surgeon. You probably had some asymmetry prior to surgery.
Breast Augentation- symmetry questions on day 7
During the early time around surgery, I recommend reviewing your preoperative photos. Much of your asymmetry was likely there preoperatively. The left breast implant on the photo provided does seem slightly bigger however reviewing your preop photos may clarify what is going on. A visit to your surgeon is probably on the schedule so make sure you ask him/her if there is anything to worry about.
Early in post operative period
It is very early in your recovery process and it is very common for one side to swell more the the other.
Follow with your surgeon.
Your surgeon should be the that examines you and answers your question
You may have normal swelling it is common to have more swelling in left breat for right handed patients. Please see your surgeon for better evaluation.
Difference in size of two breasts after surgery
First, it would be helpful to have seen pre-op photos. Assuming the two were the same size before, it may represent differential swelling or a hematoms. Best to be seen by your surgeon.