Does my nose fit my face? (photos)

People keep telling me that it goes with my face, but certain angles in my modeling pictures make it look more bulbous and wider. I'm considering tip plasty, but afraid it would come out too small for my face shape.

Rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Does my Nose fit my Face?

Dear missmua, Your nose could be refined to better balance your facial aesthetics. As you state at certain angles the tip and base appear wide and bulbous and these can be refined with surgery. Seek some consultations with experts in the field and have imaging performed to show you the changes the procedure would allow taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. After this you can decide if these proposed changes would provide the desired results you are looking for. See examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Does my nose fit my face?

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty or isolated tip-plasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile.  

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Does my nose fit?

Thank you for your question and pictures.  If you don't like the outside appearance of your face the first place to start is to consult with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Have him/her evaluate you in person and discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose and face harmony

The nose appears slightly large for the face as your face narrows downwards from the cheek bones. A conservative nasal tip plasty and alarplasty can define it better. However, if you are happy with the appearance, then you do not need any surgery. 

Regards

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Does my nose fit my face??

Thank you for your question.  Obviously you are a beautiful person.  Your nose fits your face but if you do not like it or think it would look better, you can investigate getting it made smaller. Your tip does seem a little bulbous and can be made smaller. I suggest you make an appointment with a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon and get an inperson assessment. In your case, digital imaging showing you a computer modeling of how your nose could look with surgery may help a lot.  Good luck.

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD