Am I a good Candidate for Botox if I am only 32 and don't have very visible wrinkles? I want results that show at rest. (photo)

I believe that Botox is preventative. I would like to prevent aging but look natural. I feel that depending on the angle and the lighting you can start to see globella lines. I would like to relax the space between my eyebrows a LITTLE. But I don't know if Botox is the right tool for that. I am terrified of trying to do a good thing and ending up with a problem, like a droopy eyebrow or eyelid, or Dr. Spock's face. Everying thinks I look younger already so I am scared. Should I try Botox?

Conservative Treatment to Stave Off Wrinkles

Hi Northportian. BOTOX certainly does have preventive properties, and administering it in conservative amounts to the dynamic wrinkles of your upper face can definitely slow the development of these wrinkles as you age. It's important to see an experienced board-certified dermatologist for the best results. BOTOX is a powerful product, and it's important to use a light hand when targeting the concerns of younger patients like yourself. As you said, your skin already looks young and fresh, but I believe a conservative regimen could have the preventive effects you're looking for. Best wishes!

San Diego Dermatologist

Botox and Prevention

Botox in "baby" amounts will definitely prevent you from having wrinkles and preserve your natural look.  Please consult an experienced board certified dermatologist with expertise with Botox for the best results.  Best, Dr. Green

Low dose botox

Yes - it is a good treatment in your case - However a lower dose is recommended - perhaps 10 units for the glabella and 5-7 units for the forehead.  This will give you a nice result if injected properly.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox preventative

Strategic use of Botox can be a great preventative tool. Be sure to seek out an experienced, qualified injector who understands your desire for a natural look.

All the best

Am I a good Candidate for Botox if I am only 32 and don't have very visible wrinkles? I want results that show at rest.

HI, yes I believe that you would be a good candidate for one of the neuro-modulators (Botox, Xeomin or Dysport) to the Glabella and Forehead.  

Botox for lines

You would be a great candidate for Botox. Botox is catered to you.  A conservative approach can be taken for your first Botox treatment and your provider can increase the dosage if needed since you have concerns. Typically I recommend my patients not massage the area or lay flat for 4 hours post injection to prevent product from migrating into a muscle not intended (eyelid droop). Hope this helps you and thank you for your question.

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Botox

Botox can be preventative to minimize the risk of developing deep etched lines on the forehead. I have seen this with "11" lines and the transverse forehead lines, as well as the crow's feet lines on the sides of the eyes. Good luck.

Preventative Botox

Regular, repeated Botox injections can prevent the development of deep wrinkles in the glabella and forehead. I recommend starting with a low dose done by an expert injector and you will likely be very happy with the results. If you don't like the results, your facial expression will return back over several months.

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Considering Botox at age 32 and a little nervous

Thank you for your question.  From looking at your pictures, you are a good candidate for Botox. When Botox is administered properly by an experienced injector, the risk of eyebrow and eyelid ptosis (droopy brow and lid) as well as the "Dr. Spock" look is minimal. I think that you would benefit from Botox in the glabellar complex as well as the frontalis muscle (forehead area) to prevent the formation of static lines or deeper wrinkles over time.  In my practice, I would recommend starting with just the glabellar complex (area between the brows) if you were nervous and do the frontalis muscle (forehead) at a later visit.  Good luck and I hope you are happy with your results.

Botox

I believe that you would be an excellent candidate for Botox. Injections on a person with your type of wrinkles (only at motion) are the perfect candidates for Botox as it helps diminish the wrinkles while in motion and prevents (delay) the static wrinkles. If you consult with an experience injector you should not have to worry about the over done look.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon