When I Smile It Get These Strange Creases Up and Down my Cheeks

I'm 30 years and when I'm not smiling my cheeks look normal however when I smile it looks as though I have a lot of extra skin that does not move up when I smile. It looks like creases, not wrinkles all up and down my cheeks. What can I do to not have these creases when I smile? As mentioned it is like I have alot of extra skin that does not move when I smile. If I moisturize real heavily it is not that bad.

Correction of extra Facial Skin and Creases when Smiling

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Regarding: "When I Smile It Get These Strange Creases Up and Down my Cheeks

I'm 30 years and when I'm not smiling my cheeks look normal however when I smile it looks as though I have a lot of extra skin that does not move up when I smile. It looks like creases, not wrinkles all up and down my cheeks. What can I do to not have these creases when I smile? As mentioned it is like I have alot of extra skin that does not move when I smile. If I moisturize real heavily it is not that bad
."

You demonstrate facial aging, facial descent (with deepening of the nose to corner of mouth lines (Nasolabial fold) and a gummy smile on full smiling.

A short scar face lift (such as the MACS) would greatly improve the jaw / neck line a remove the extra skin. If you would like a less involved treatment, you may want to try a combination MICROLASER PEEL with a deep PROFRACTIONAL laser treatment (Google it). It will shrink the skin AND improve its texture/

You may also improve the gummy smile with a few units of Botox in the Levator A. Nasii muscles.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea