I'm a 57 year old female with wrinkles and loose skin. Should I do a SMAS Facelift or fillers? (photos)
I am 57 now. Is it better to wait as long as possible or do it before more wrinkles and lots of loose skin? I really hate the volume loss I am seeing this past year, and the beginning of jowls and Turkey neck.
Thank you in advance!
Doctor Answers 5
Liquid facelift for now
Fellers versus face lift
A facelift involves tightening facial muscles, jowls and SMAS, tightening neck muscles, removal of fatty deposits in the neck that are present, and tightening loose facial and neck skin.
For many examples, please see the link below to our facelift photo Gallery
Faial Rejuvenation with Lift or Fillers
You might also like...
There are often no right or wrong answers to facial rejuvenation options rather preferences based on recovery time, cost, and final outcome. The best result will likely be provided by a short incision face/neck lift to lift and tighten the tissue that is causing jowling and cheek looseness. I would also look into fat grafting at the same time since this will have the best impact on the midface area and also compliments the face lift portion of your rejuvenation procedure. The before and after photo link below is a facelift/necklift and fat grafting patient of mine at 2 weeks following her surgery.
All the best,
Dr. Remus Repta
Facelift or fillers
- You have beautiful skin with very pretty features
- I don't think that you would need a facelift
- Fillers can be placed in the temples, cheeks (to blend them), and maybe around the upper eyelid and under the brow (take a look at the fullness in your brow between the upper eyelid and eyebrow)
- For the mild jowls, I have done a microliposuction in that area with very nice results (see B&A pic)
- I think you would look too tight with a facelift
- Alternatively, facial fat grafting would be great as well if you wanted something that would last longer than fillers