Small Bump Post-op. What's the Recovery Time / How Major is the Procedure? (photo)

I had a nose job 8 years ago to correct a deviated septum. I've been left with a small round, hard bump on the bridge of my nose. It's fairly obvious and looks like a little white spot. I've heard that it's a relatively minor procedure to remove this. What can I expect if I was to get this smoothed out? Thank you

Residual bump after rhinoplasty

The bump can be most likely removed with a small procedure.  Fillers or a cartilage graft can be used to correct the hollowing distally.  The recovery time after a rhinoplasty depends on what was performed. If the bony portion of the nose was infractured, then usually a splint is placed for one week. After the splint is removed, it is recommended to maintain light activities for another week. No straining or heavy lifting for about 6 weeks after the procedure and evaluation by your surgeon. Different surgeons may have varying postoperative regimens that should be adhered to. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Nasal Hump Post Rhinoplasty

This is not an uncommon sequelae after rhinoplasty and can be remedied by an in-office procedure to reshape the dorsum. This can be due to previous scarring in this area or inadequate dorsal hump resection.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Bump on the nose after surgery

Dear dlee2,

• This can be performed as a relatively minor procedure
  • It looks like you would need the bump shaved down and the area below it filled in slightly
  • When you are ready, please see a rhinoplasty specialist who can answer all of your questions and address your concerns

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Small Bump Post-op. What's the Recovery Time / How Major is the Procedure?

Although a physical exam would be necessary to confirm this problem can likely be remedied with a closed rhinoplasty approach and minimal down time.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA