I look tired and older, than I am: what could I change to look rested and beautiful? (photo)

I dont know if cheek, chin implants or something else would help. Thank you!!!

I look tired and older, than I am: what could I change to look rested and beautiful?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is excess fat below and in front of the cheeks and the chin is weak.  These combine to create an elongated, rectangularly shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  This would be combined with liposuction to further shape the cheeks.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  When the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.

Full facial rejuvenation with lasers, microneedling/prp, RF, Sculptra, Kybella, Ultherapy

There are some great options for rejuvenation. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra for collagen building, microneedling/prp and skin care help with skin rejuvenation and aging prevention. Kybella, Ultherapy and/or ThermiRF treatments (Venus Legacy) would be non-invasive options that would do well in combination for skin tightening. Fillers can be used to provide fullness and contour. Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan.  Best, Dr. Emer

To look rested and beautiful

you must be having a bad day and taking it out on yourself. You are very attractive. maybe some dysport would help you feel better. If you want us to evaluate your chin  you should send a picture from the side.

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

Thank you for sending images. While a chin implant may make a more pleasing profile, it is not typically the technique we think of for providing a rested appearance. In addition, it does not appear that you need much to provide a more rested appearance.

I would recommend starting with non surgical treatments such a botox and facial injectable fillers. These can be done in the office with little downtime and can provide a more rested, rejuvenated appearance. Look for a board certified facial plastic surgeon to explore your options. Best of luck!

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon