Survival of a single hair grafts?

I had a Hair Transplant on hairline, since i was not pleased that 2- hair grafts were placed in very first line. I asked my surgeon about it and he reply to me that single hair grafts were placed but they did not grow since a single hair grafts have less chance to survive. Is this a "normal" answer, because if is than no hairline HT would have a soft transition?

Single hair grafts

I have been using single hair grafts for 25 years and have seen no problem with them growing in my hairlines

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Single hair graft grow just as well as two hair grafts. The survival of grafts is dependent on the experience of the doctor and

Single hair graft grow just as well as two hair grafts.  The survival of grafts is dependent on the experience of the doctor and

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Survival of a single hair grafts

No , it is not a "normal" answer.. Actually single hair grafts may take well and survival rates are as much as other grafts.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon