Slim body 5.3, 105 pounds, got 400cc HP textured implants, which looks small?? (photos)

My breasts appear very small for 400cc high profile textured implants right post-op. I was told that 400cc are way too big for me, even doctor disagreed with the 400cc and wanted to go 375 at most. Now 2 days post op, I believe the size I have is way to small from what I have expected. Will breasts become bigger in the following weeks when muscles relax? Or is this it?

More often than not, when the breasts are "too small" after surgery it is an optical illusion of sorts

I used to get very nervous, just like you are, immediately after surgery, because so many times I would second guess our decision on implant size.  I agonized about this because we take such great pains to do a careful preoperative sizing before surgery, and we are always so confident going into the OR that the patient will be happy with the selected size because she actually tried it on and liked it preoperatively.  We even did imaging to back up our visual impressions.  Still, so many times during the early postoperative course we would just think that the implants looked too small.

But, then, we learned that if we were patient and we allowed all of the swelling to resolve and the tissues to relax, lo and behold, the implants took on the proper proportion and shape, as they settled into their final position with the tissues.  It seems that most of the time when this happens the swelling and tension on the breast tissues almost "overshadows" the fullness and shape of the implant, and the implant looks proportionately smaller than it should.  Once this resolves, the true "size" and shape of the implant can be seen.  My advice to you is: don't fret.  Give your breasts a good 3 - 4 months to settle, and if after all that time, if the tissues are soft and the breast implants are still too small, it is not the end of the world to exchange them if need be.  But I'll bet that you won't need to!

Bigger

I t really depends on your goals. They will project more over the next few months. While many may think 400cc is "too big" for you, I disagree. I do MANY large implants here in Miami and can tell you that it depends on many factors with a very important one being YOUR desired "look". No matter what, be patient and the odds are you will start feeling more comfortable with your new breasts soon.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Size immediately postop

This can be a very common concern for patients, especially when they think the size will be quite big. What happens is that between 24-72 hours swelling occurs resulting in a flatter and wider appearance.  At 2 days expect to feel full in the underarm area, as 85% of each breast has lymphatic drainage through there and 15% to the central chest. This can also result in swelling centrally on the chest.  It will take 6-12 weeks for swelling to diminish, skin to stretch, and muscle to relax revealing the final breast shape.  Take a deep breath, trust in your surgeon, and let your body do the rest!

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants too small?

2 days post op is too soon to tell.  I agree with the High Profile Silicone choice you and your physician made for your body type.  As far as sizing, it is way too soon to tell. 

2 days is too early to evaluate size of your breast implants

You're very early after your breast augmentation.  Understand that the breast implants are tightly squeezed and spread out by the overlying muscle tissue.

In the next 3-6 weeks the breast implants will drop there will be more breast volume beneath the nipple areola and the lower and upper pole of the breast and your breasts most definitely will look more natural and larger.

Breast implant size should be settled before the operation not after.

There very good sizing systems to determine which implant is best for you. If you are dissatisfied with being too small at this juncture it certainly won't get better with time.

High profile textured implants 2 days after surgery.

Greetings,
Right after surgery there is swelling in the tissues around the breasts and in the breasts, themselves.  The early appearance of size and shape will change over the days and weeks to come.
You may be pleasantly surprised with your result as your recovery progresses. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon for his (her) advice and suggestions.
Wishing you an uneventful recovery,
Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Slim body 5.3, 105 pounds, got 400cc HP textured implants, which looks small??

As the implants settle and drop, the shape of your breast will change. It is still too early to tell what your end result will look like. Patience and regular follow up appointments with your PS are best for now. Good luck! Dean Vistnes

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Size after breast augmentation

In general, your eventual results will not likely be larger than they are now. Regardless, a larger size implant for your body size would likely place you at even higher risk for capsular contracture and need for revisional breast surgery. It is important to be patient at this point, and personally discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Jarrod Little, MD

I'm sorry to hear about the “stress” you are  experiencing after breast augmentation surgery. You should be aware that it is not unusual for patients to feel that they are “too small” or “too big”,   early on after breast augmentation surgery.  Most patients who feel this way ultimately are pleased with the results of surgery. Many patients who feel that they are too small immediately after surgery find, as the breast implants “drop and fluff”,  that the breasts actually appear larger to them.

If, at all possible, it will be best for you to wait a period of at least 3 to 6 months before making any final decisions about the procedure that has been performed. I routinely ask my patients  to wait at least 3-6 months before   evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time allows patients to (uaually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period"  during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about.  Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.
Obviously, it is best for patients not to be making important decisions ( for example about the results of surgery and/or the need for additional surgery) while they are experiencing these emotional “ups and downs”.   Best wishes; hopefully, you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure performed.