Real plugs or just plugy look on photo? (photos)

Are this on first photo real old plugs or just plugy look from multiple hair grafts in frontline, like 2 -3 hair grafts placed in very front of frontline? And how a repair can be done with camouflaging multiple hair grafts with single ones or the extraction is needed?

Pluggy hairline?

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but I'll try to answer it as best I can. First, it should be made clear that despite many requests from the doctors on RealSelf, the website has still not provided a means for enlarging the photos that are submitted. So I am looking at photos that are approximately 2cm x 3cm in size, which makes any meaningful assessment very difficult. That said, it does appear that not all of the grafts originally placed in your hairline were single-hair grafts, though they should not be confused with true "plugs" from the old days. The multi-follicular grafts are more noticeable in the first photo because, as is the case with most patients after a single procedure, the density could be greater. If I were going to critique your hairline in the second photo, I would say that what is more noticeable than any multi-follicular grafts is the lack of irregularity; in other words, the hairline looks too straight and even, to my eye. If you were going to do anything further at this point, I would suggest seeing several surgeons and looking at as many close-up photos of their patients' hairlines as you can. Then choose the surgeon whose hairlines you like the best and ask him to do for you what he has done for his other patients; this will probably involve "softening" of your existing hairline by the addition of single-hair grafts placed irregularly. I don't think that any extraction of existing grafts is necessary.

I hope this has been helpful--
Dr. Ballon

Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

2-3 hair grafts in frontal hairine

The way to fix this is to build a transition zone of one hair grafts about 1/8th inch thick in front of your hair line with single, fine haired grafts. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Some hair transplant results may not look natural. If you have issues, see your doctor or consult with another doctor for optio

Some hair transplant results may not look natural. If you have issues, see your doctor or consult with another doctor for options.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon