Liposuction to on of my chin 13th months ago, started to notice luminescent and unevenness and laxity for to 4 months. (photo)

What do I do I've noticed more laxity and luminescent post liposuction one year ago...what do I do now?? Ugh it's awful

Skin laxity liposuction

Hi, sorry to hear of your problem. Often in patients with skin which does not have a lot of elasticity or already looks lax, liposuction uncovers or worsens this laxity. This seems to have happened in your case. the way to put it right is to consider a neck lift. I would not advice any non-surgical alternatives, as I think the skin laxity is beyond the capacity of non-surgical techniques. hope this helps and keep me posted of your progress, warm regards Dr Prashant

India Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift?

The photo views are not ideal and an in-office exam is key, but a neck lift might be the way to go to get rid of the excess neck skin.

Liposuction to on of my chin 13th months ago, started to notice luminescent and unevenness and laxity for to 4 months.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Neck Skin and Platysmal Bands -- VASER Hi Def Liposuction/ThermiRF, Venus Legacy/Thermage/Ultherapy, Botox/Dysport

You are in need of a neck/face lift. There are alternatives like VASER/ Thermi or Thermage/Ultherapy. However, they will do very little. I suggest consulting with an expert to discuss your treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Chin liposuction - now the skin is loose!

Thank you for asking about your chin liposuction.
  • Thank you for the photos - and I am sorry you are seeing these changes.
  • They strongly suggest that with the fat gone, your skin is now loose.
  • This often happens in those whose skin has lost some elasticity.
  • If your surgeon was a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, return to her/him and discuss a neck lift or face/neck lift. 
  • If your surgeon was not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, now is the time to consult one.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Loose skin

Although your chin is tilted down in your photos, you do appear to have some loose skin. You might benefit from a mini or full facelift. Even noninvasive radiofrequency skin tightening may be of help. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs. Though nothing replaces an in-person examination as you are tucking your chin in all three pictures it does appear that a skin resection procedure would probably have been a better initial procedure to address your skin laxity of the chin and neck region.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to have the best determination.  

Laxity

Your best bet is to undergo a facelift or mini facelift to take up the excess skin under your chin.  There are some techniques to directly remove skin under the chin but they result in very visible scars in the area so I do not recommend this.  Best wishes, Dr. T.