A Slightly Raised Mole Above my Lip

I have a slightly raised mole a little bigger than a sesame seed above my lip. The inner is black while the surrounding is lighter colored. I think this is because I scratched off the mole when I was little and it grew back bigger with skin surrounding it. I would like to have it removed however I would prefer it not done by excision. Is laser removal possible for this kind of mole?

Mole removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to discuss possible treatment. 

Methods of mole removal on the lip

Moles are quickly and easily removed in my office by one of two methods: a shave excision or an excision with suture closure. I feel that it is never appropriate to use a laser as your primary treatment for removing a mole. Because of the size and location of your mole, it should be removed by excising a simple ellipse of skin. I then use a "layer closure" using both dissolving and non-dissolving sutures to give the best cosmetic result. The area then typically heals with a small, linear scar that is hardly visible. Regardless of how "benign" a mole may appear, a biopsy may still reveal it to be atypical. Using a laser to remove a mole will not provide tissue to send for microscopic examination which is the only way to ensure that it was benign. Using a laser to improve the appearance of a mole will also alter its look and make it more difficult to observe for precancerous changes in the future.