Can a Slight Bump to the Tip of the Nose Cause Changes Post Rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty 1 month ago. I had my bridge narrowed and tip refined. Today, I was giving my boyfriend a kiss on the cheek and I accidentally bumped the tip of my nose on his cheek. It hurt and it still feels sore now (2 hours later). Can this bump change the outcome?

Post-Rhinoplasty Changes

It might depending on the type of nasal tip technique used during your Rhinoplasty.  Sutures can rupture and or nasal cartilage can break.  You should contact the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty ASAP for his/her advice.

Post-Rhinoplasty Changes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The Post-Op Nasal Tip

A bump to the tip may be multi-factorial early post operative. It may be just swelling, suture placement, or asymmetry of the tip or a tip graft which may have shifted. Usually one must wait for at least nine to twelve months after a primary rhinoplasty in most cases to see the final result. A secondary rhinoplasty may take longer. If it does not resolve, one may need an operative intervention, but you need to wait at least 12 - 15 months depending on what needs to be done. Sometimes one can add a small amount of hyaluronic acid filler in this area to temporarily correct the assymetry if it is indeed significant, however, this is not a permanent solution.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

The Post-Op Nasal Tip

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Bump to nose 1 month after rhinoplasty may be sore but unlikely to cause problem!

At one month post-op, your nose has healed pretty durably, and a small bump may be uncomfortable (nerves take 6-12 months to regenerate maximally), but is unlikely to cause suture or scar disruption that could lead to deformity. Possible, if you really smacked into your partner vigorously, but a peck on the cheek is a pretty soft landing spot, and unless you are on aspirin or blood thinners and hit him vigorously enough to cause a bruise, discomfort in the absence of bruise or swelling (increase) is not a worry!

Please don't stop kissing your boyfriend, just be careful!

Bump on Nasal Tip 1 Month after Rhinoplasty

As long as the contact was as gentile as you describe, it is unlikely you did any harm;  but, over the years, I've had one patient who did move her tip with amorous trauma. See your surgeon.

It is possible. Best to immediately see your rhinoplasty surgeon for an examination and care. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Bump after surgery causing nasal distortion after rhinoplasty

if your "bump" disrupted a delicate suture holding critical structures together, it is possible that the injury caused a permanent distortion of the result.

Bumping nose

If you are one month post-operative froma  rhinoplasty, it is highly doubtful that you caused any damage to your nose from a "peck on the cheek."

Bumping nose

Slight Bump

Hi,
I don't think it will be a problem. If you can't see any deformities or swelling, it will probably be fine.
Dr.S.

Slight Bump

Hi,
Dr.S.