Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty? (photos)

I don't hate my nose I just believe changing it could change my face the way I want it. Would having a slightly upwarded nose (not competely, fear of looking like a pig) and leaning out my nose for a smaller nose be possible for my nose shape? How difficult would it be?

Candidate for rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos. With rhinoplasty, even slight changes to the shape of the nose can produce a dramatic effect on appearance and fill you with self-confidence. Thus, even if you may not desire a radical transformation, you are still an excellent candidate for this procedure. Aside from enlarging or reducing the nose, rhinoplasty can be used to reshape the bridge and nasal tip in the manner that complements your facial features. As always, an in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your needs and obtain reliable expert advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Rhinoplasty to Refine Nose

Dear kityvonskittles, You would be an excellent candidate to help refine your nose and provide a better balance to your overall facial aesthetics. During consultation imaging can be performed which will show you the proposed changes taking into consideration your facial aesthetics, you will also have an opportunity to review before and after photographs and the surgeon will discuss in detail the techniques that will be used to provide you the desired look you want. The first picture you sent for your desired nose comes to my office often in patients hands as their desired nose. The photograph shows overall facial aesthetics that are well balanced with a strong chin, and high full cheekbones.  This is the goal of rhinoplasty and facial rejuvenation to bring a nice balance to the face that feminizes the features while looking natural and if the patient was born that way. See examples in the link below and video above to show you how rewarding this procedure can be for young ladies like yourself. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Slidell Rhinoplasty Candidate

You appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty surgery to enhance the appearance of the nose.  Planning the appropriate procedure would require a detailed evaluation and computerized imaging to develop a treatment that is specific to accomplish the look you desire.  You may also be a candidate for other facial enhancements that will help to balance your facial proportions and optimize your aesthetic outcomes.  Best Regards

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sending images.although it is impossible to make an exact diagnosis and plan without a consult and full exam,it does appear that you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty. The changes you requested appear to be realistic and would make a subtle , but real improvement in the nose. To achieve the look you want, narrowing of the tip and a slight reduction of the dorsum would be required.
I would recommend consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon who regularly performs rhinoplasty to explore your options. 

Mark Hamilton, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty options

Thank you for the question and photos.  First I would like to say that you have a nice nose shape currently.  I do agree, however, that a slight slope may also be nice.  The extent of the rhinoplasty will also be your choice since it is your nose and face.  Meet with several board certified plastic surgeons in your community and take a look at their before and after photos and online reviews.  They will be able to present options and their recommendations.  Choose the nose that YOU think would look the best given the information provided.  Since your nose looks good already, you may want to consider a conservative amount of change.
Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Am I a Good Candidate for a Rhinoplasty ?

You are physically an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery. Carefully select an experienced rhinoplasty expert so you achieve a a natural feminine result that is more proportional to your surrounding facial features.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A rhinoplasty procedure can address narrowing the bridge line, refining the tip, and shaving down the dorsal hump. It's important not to over rotate the tip, since it will look unnatural. Choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience, since rhinoplasty as  one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in entire field of cosmetic surgery.

Candidate for rhinoplasty

Candidate for rhinoplasty: You basically would benefit from a more refined version of your already decent-looking nose. Your nose is  somewhat big in scale compared to the rest of your facial features and your tip just needs some refinement. Your bony bridge and it's base are wide so your nasal bones should be narrowed during the case. Your skin is of medium thickness which is ideal for a rhinoplasty.  Seeking out a consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty would be your next step who could offer you a computer image of your nose to help you envision your end result.

Randal Haworth, MD, FACS

Am I a good candidate for rhinoplasty?

Thanks for your question...your photos don't show everything that is needed to determine if your wish pics are a realistic expectation for you. Certainly, you must keep in mind that your nose and face are unique. I would encourage you to consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon, during which time he or she can take photographs and review potential surgical changes with a morphing program.  An exam on the inside of your nose and an assessment of your breathing are essential too since the function of your nose must be maintained following surgery. Good luck on your journey!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Change a pretty nose?

There are certainly very straightforward rhinoplasty maneuvers that could be done on your nose to make it leaner and more petite. Obviously this would be your decision, but in my opinion, I would not change a thing on your face! You are gorgeous. Enjoy it!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist