Will sleep position help drain swelling faster 5 months post-op? (photo)

I had septo/rhinoplasty on may 30 2013. I have noticed a small decrease in swelling but I am still not happy with the overall nose since the bridge looks a little wide and my tip/supratip is still hard as a rock and the area where my hump used to be still hurts when i touch it. I have been sleeping on my stomach with 2 pillows the past 3 months or so. Will sleeping more of an upright position on my backside or side help with swelling?

Swelling after rhinoplasty

I do not believe that much can be done to speed up residual edema resolution at 5 months post op. The tissues take at least a year to normalize. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Swelling postoperatively?

Not sure exactly what was done to the your nose other than what you describe, but it is very normal to have swelling after a rhinoplasty for even up to a year or so after the surgery. Elevation of the head at night may help a bit.

Speak with your rhinopasty surgeon about your concerns; I'm sure he/she can help reassure you.

Best...

Swelling postoperatively?

Best...