Bulge at Corner of Mouth? (photo)

I've got this bulge just at the corners of my mouth. Can somebody tell me what it is? Bone/muscle/fat? Most people I've seen don't have it, and it's very easy to notice when a person looks 45 degrees away from you. This is a good example: http://www.realself.com/photo/301282 What can benefit me in the short term? Radiesse/Restylane? How about the long term? Fat transfer/cheek enhancement?

Doctor Answers 1

Bulge at Corner of Mouth is Buccal Fat Pad

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

         This is an extension of the buccal fat pad, and this can be removed through a short outpatient surgical procedure.  There is a small risk of facial nerve injury, but the majority of injuries are temporary.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.