Skinny Face. Fillers Before Wedding?

HI, I have lost about 6 kilos after having my baby 12 months ago. i was 55 kg but I am now 47.5 kg .I am getting married in 3 months and was wanting to get fillers but i'm scared that the person i go to wont put them in the right place. I have been looking up symmetry and was wondering where you would recommend me getting the filler? also would i need some in my jaw etc? I dont want permanent results just fillers. Im 27 an d unhappy with my face shape

Doctor Answers 5

Beautiful Face Shape

Dear alicekay,

Based on the different recovery times and outcomes each patient experiences, I would caution you to refrain from receiving surgical or non-surgical procedures before your wedding. Consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon in person to receive the highest quality recommendation, knowledge, treatment, care and skill available.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

Skinny Face. Fillers Before Wedding?

Hi Alice, You have a very youthful appearance and would benefit from injecting Restylane to the nasolabial folds. Seek an experienced injector to provide a natural end result

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

Skinny Face. Fillers Before Wedding?

You would benefit from applying Juvederm or Restylane to the tear troughs and nasolabial folds, find a physican who provide you with a natural, beautyful result.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
3.7 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Facial Fillers after weight loss

I think you are wise to be cautious about who you have inject fillers and what, where and how much you inject.  You are beautiful and you want to be careful that the fillers are not "overdone" and change your face too much.  Different fillers are needed for different areas in order to get the most natural results, and the recommended filler will vary from surgeon to surgeon.   Ultimately I would recommend that you have the fillers injected by a board certified plastic surgeon (not a technician or a doctor in a different medical or dental field).  In my practice, I usually recommend artefill or restylane for the nasolabial folds (or "parenthesis around the mouth"), restylane for under the eyes and cheek bone area, and juvederm for the lips.  I would also be conservative with how much you inject initially (not more than 1 syringe for the lips, and 1 for each of the other areas) - you can always add more if needed but it is harder to take it away.  

Kelly Marie Sullivan, MD, FACS
Annapolis Plastic Surgeon

Skinny face and fillers

AliceKay,   You have a beautiful face, just lost some weight and a little volume in the mid face. I would put some Radiesse right where you have lost some subcutaneous fat and volume in mid face and would not overdo it. You can achieve the same results with Perlane, Restylane or Juvederm as well as with Sculptra. I do not think you want Sculptra because that is a longer process and you want done for wedding.  I think that you will get a bit more lift and volume for your money with Radiesse but you should go with whatever your doctor feels most comfortable with. Find someone you trust. If you are unsure, you can use a HA filler like Perlane, Juvederm or Restylane which can be dissolved but I hate for you to go into this thinking negatively. Find a good doctor and trust their judgement. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.