Correction for Sagging Lower Face Caused by Dentures?

I recently had to have an upper denture, and I have noticed that my mouth and chin area are sagging a little more that they were before. Is there something that can be done to correct this? If so, how long should you wait to have it done?

Doctor Answers 1

Sagging skin

Your skin is just an envelope over your underlying bones and teeth. If you have changes to your teeth, such as dentures, or resorption of your bone though aging, you may see changes in the laxity of your overlying skin. Without pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice. Options include replacing lost volume though fat grafting or other injectable. Alternatively, a facelift or other skin-tightening surgery may be the best option. Good luck.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.