Skin Tightening Option for Loose Upper Leg Skin?

I am 43 years old and although the rest of me is aging quite normally, the skin on my upper legs is saggy and thin and appears much older. I am not over weight and the shape of my legs is fine but the sagginess really spoils them. Is there any treatments or creams etc. I might consider?

Skin Tightening Options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A variety of surgical options are currently available to treat loose, upper leg skin. The specific procedure chosen will depend upon your anatomic findings and aesthetic goals. This determination can't be made without pictures or a physical examination.

Unfortunately, creams and other non-surgical techniques have no role in the treatment of this problem. Correction of this type of problem will require excision of excess skin and this will result in scarring. Under these circumstances, the decision to proceed will be based on a trade-off between improved contour and scarring.

This can be an extremely difficult decision. For this reason, it's appropriate to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your concerns.

Lax Skin

There is no treatment for lax skin other than surgical excision. You need to decide if a scar along your leg is better than the wrinkles and if you can accept a scar