Can Skin Be Replaced or Stretched in Upper Eyelid?

Had upper bleph 20 years ago & STILL hate it. Young eyes protrude slightly from the socket, iris border contrasts with whites, light from above in reflects soft highlights. Before bleph, my eyes were pretty like that. AFTER bleph, the tight skin of my upper lid forced my eyeballs back into the sockets, making them small, recessed, dull, no iris border. Also made eyelash curler impossible to use ... can't reach lashes. I want my eyelid skin back! Graft? Skin-stretchers? ...

Doctor Answers 5

Can Skin Be Replaced or Stretched in Upper Eyelid?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It sounds like your eyelids are drooping after the blepharoplasty.  It is possible you have ptosis.  The best recommendation is for you to see an expert eyelid surgeon to see what the best possibilities are for you.  Pre-surgery photos would be helpful as well.  Good luck.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post photos

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is tough for us to give you a pertinent recommendation without actually seeing some photos. It is possible that you have deficient volume [fat] or skin, or possibly both. There are different ways to address this issue.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 42 reviews

Blepharoplasty after 20 years.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would need to see this to give a proper reply as to what needs to be done, but not a skin graft or "stretching".  A filler possibly, etc. 

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Over done blepharoplasties may require skin grafts, but a thorough consult with a Cosmetic Surgeon is in order first before we jump to surgery.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Options for aesthetic reconstructive surgery depend on many factors.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Post cosmetic eyelid issues tend to be complex and typically defy simple solutions. I recommend a cosultation with an oculoplastic surgeon who specializes in reconstructive surgery to learn what you options are.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.