Will my skin be loose if I get Liposuction? (photos)

I had a baby and my tummy doesnt look too good i went to a specialist already he said i wont see any difference with a lipo since my biggest problem was my love handles and that my skin will look loose if a do lipo i am goin to post a picture of my belly and suckin it in because it is when it looks loose ... I thought of a mini tummy tuck but i dislike the idea of the scar between i had c-section!!! Please help

Will my skin be loose if I get Liposuction?

The definitive answer is YES. It is obvious that you have quite a few stretch marks. Stretch marks appear as result of overstretching of the skin to the point where a the dermis portion of the skin is damaged beyond repair. In someone else, I might recommend a full tummy tuck. However, in you that's not possible in my humble opinion. Your belly button is placed very high from the pubic region and there is a relatively short distance to the breast bone. When tummy tucks are carried out, the entirety of the skin and fat from the belly button to the pubic area is removed. This can only be accomplished if there's enough skin to pull from above the belly button. As an alternative, you might consider a limited tummy tuck or mini with minor lipo of the upper abdomen with some suturing of the muscles above the belly button. Always consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic surgery with many years of exprience in carrying out the procedure thatnyou are considering. Good luck.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Liposuction candidate?

Thank you for your pictures. I agree that you're not a great candidate for liposuction due to the stretch marks that are present in the areas of your concern. The stretch marks represent damaged collagen beneath the skin that won't retract predictably after liposuction. Your appear to be a better candidate for a tummy tuck. Continue to seek consultation from board-certified plastic surgeons.

Earl Stephenson Jr. MD DDS FACS

Liposuction candidate?

Earl Stephenson Jr. MD DDS FACS

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Hi Dear :

Seeing your pictures, you will need a tummy tuck. With a liposuction your skin will be really loose. If you already have a C-section, then you do not have to worry a lot, because in you the scar will be more or less at the same level. Hope help you.

Dr Silvia Avilés 
Dominican Certified Plastic Surgeon 

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

Tummy tuck or liposuction

Hi Dear :

Dr Silvia Avilés 
Dominican Certified Plastic Surgeon 

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

Tummy Tuck Vs. Liposuction

Thank you for sharing your photos. You are like many other women who have had children and lose the baby weight but are left with loose skin and stretched muscle. This would make you an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck procedure. Due to the integrity of your skin post pregnancy, your skin would not properly contract back down after a liposuction procedure. Removing fatty tissue from this area would make the excess skin appear to look worse.

A tummy tuck would give you the flat abdomen it seems you are looking for. You just have to decide whether trading a scar for a good outcome is worth it to you.

Andrew M. Ress, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Vs. Liposuction

Andrew M. Ress, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Skin laxity

Thank you for the pictures.

We always have to remember that liposuction only removes fat cells and not skin, so it's most likely for skin laxity to be present after liposuction when it was there before. There's the UL (ultrasonic) liposuction, where with this technique, the fat cells get melted by the laser at the end of the canula while tightening the skin about 30%, making the skin laxity less.

Dr. Campos

Skin laxity

Thank you for the pictures.

Dr. Campos

A short scar minitummy tuck with plication of the muscles and liposuction of the sides may do very well, but an exam would be helpful.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and liposuction procedures each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.

To achieve the best results-- you will benefit from a Tummy Tuck, based on the pictures you provided . This will give you the flattest stomach, and tighten your abdominal muscles. But the tradeoff is a scar. 
In my opinion, liposuction alone in this case will not be worth it both financially and result-wise.

Skin loosen with lipo?

Hello and thank you for your question.
It is difficult to say from your pics alone. Most likely you will be left with sagging skin from what I can tell. You would most likely benefit from a Lipoabdominoplasty procedure. Please see my before and after pictures of this procedure at Juvaskin.com. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS

Skin loosen with lipo?

Hello and thank you for your question.
Best of luck to you!

David L. Cangello, MD, FACS

Loose skin after liposuction

Hello, judging by the pictures, you already have loose skin and the stretch marks suggest poor skin elasticity. I do not see that you are a candidate for liposuction as you do not have excessive areas of fat accumulation. However, if your concern is some extra skin below your belly button, a mini tummy tuck with tightening of the muscles and some skin excision would be the best option for you. You can also use your C-Section scar therefore avoiding a second scar.

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD, FRCSC
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin after liposuction

Teanoosh Zadeh, MD, FRCSC
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin and liposuction?

You have stretch marks and loose skin which willn ot improve and more than likely worsen with liposuction.  You probably are better off with an excision procedure. Best to be seen in person.

Loose skin and liposuction?