Skin Condition? (photo)

Dear Doctors, Can you please check my skin condition and tell me if it could be improved? Is it normal to have such skin at 31 years old? Can I expect huge difference? Thank you.

Doctor Answers 3

Early Treatment with BBL & Microlaser Peel

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


  • Although it is difficult to fully assess your skin based on the lighting in the photo you submitted, the majority of the patients I see in my Pensacola, FL office who are in their early to mid 30's have AT LEAST some degree of photoaging and would benefit significantly from BBL and/or a Microlaser peel.  
  • A full consultation and photography would really need to be performed to determine the exent of improvement you could expect.


Best Regards,


Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

A smoother skin texture with Erbium resurfacing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It looks like, from your pictures, that this is a skin texture problem that looks evenly distributed throughout and the same degree of surface irregularity.  This should do extremely well with Erbium resurfacing.  If there is any residual irregularity after that treatment then profractional should complete the transformation.

Myles Goldflies, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing can help refine the texture of your skin.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Skin that has a coarse texture can be refined bu the CO2 laser. At Boris Cosmetic we have used the laser extensively for refining the texture of the skin. It also helps for deeper lines around the mouth and crinkly, crepe-like skin around the eyes. You may also want to see your doctor's medical aesthetician for microdermabrasion and chemical peels. As always, a combination of treatment approaches yields the best results. Good luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS - Account Suspended
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.