Skin Complexion. Tan Skin to a Bit Lighter Skin Possible?

I have a tanned skin tone and I was wondering if there is some kind of peel or procedure I could ask my dermatologist/ or plastic surgeon for so I can permanently lighten my facial and body complexion. Is this possible? I'm really not that dark but I would prefer to be a few shades lighter.

Doctor Answers 2

Lighten Skin Complexion

Thank you for your question. You may consult with a board certified dermatologist who can recommend bleaching creams, peels, or laser procedures to evaluate if you are a good candidate. There is no permanent solution as even after any procedure you will still need to protect your skin with sunscreen of SPF 30 with zinc oxide.  I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist
3.9 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

Skin Complexion. Tan Skin to a Bit Lighter Skin Possible?

We offer the Vipeel in our practice, it works very well at lightening the skin somewhat.  It really brightens the overall complextion on the face. A series of peels may be what you are looking for.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
3.3 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.