Different Size Impants Suggested by Surgeon?

I'm having breast augmentation surgery. Im 33 years old and very petite (5ft 2 inches and 88 pounds). One doctor suggested silicone round Allergan 220 and the other 210 both is modest profile.How much would the difference between the 2 sizes be? Thank you

Will 10cc's make a difference in my breast size?

A 10cc difference is very small and you will most likely not even notice a difference.  Trust your instincts and go with the surgeon you feel the most comfortable with.  Congrats on your decision to have a breast augmentation! ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size Concerns; Sizers and Imaging

Your concern to choose the right size is understandable.  I don't think there is any meaningful difference between 210 and 220 ccs.  Just 2 teaspoons full over an entire breast.  I would encourage you to be sure you try on sizers and do computer imaging with your plastic surgeon to try to figure out what is most consisten with YOUR desires.  Good luck with your decision making.

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Implants differ by 10 cc's?

I would want to know why your surgeon things that is important?  Are your breast dimensions different (width) that different profiles may help?  Otherwise 10 cc's is a miniscule difference that cannot be appreciated.

Curtis Wong, MD

How much difference?

10cc equals two tsp. Not enough to change the size bra you wear. If you're wearing 32 or 34 bras expect only about 1 cup size increase. It's all about what you want to achieve. I'd suggest trying larger sizes at least up to 300cc, and put the implant inside your new bra in front of your breast and try larger sizes until you know that implant is too big for you. Before you decide for sure try on some of the clothes you like to wear while the implants are in place and I think you may not look as large as you might think. Then try smaller sizes again and pick the largest one you think you can live with. It will likely look too large when you first unwrap, and if it does there is a good chance it will look just right in a few weeks. Even small women can have nice sized breasts and still be very attractive. Good luck.

Joseph Hayhurst, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Difference in implant volume

The volume is less important than the dimensions. Once you establish the dimensions depending on your base width and the projection desired, the volume will be determined by the manufacturer's style. If you are choosing the same profile/projection, the 10 cc volume difference will be negligible.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Different size implants?

A 10 cc difference in volume is almmost nothing and probably not noticeable in any significant way.

The difference between the 2 sizes mentioned is 10cc.  A tablespoon is around 15cc.  I would try on each implant to see which style you prefer. I think you will select the 220cc. Good luck.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Hi and thanks for your question.

A 10 cc difference is minimal and no one will be able to tell the difference. So it is entirely upto you and how comfortable you feel with the sizes. You should have tried on the sizers at your consultation, then you can see for yourself that the difference is very small.

All the best

Different implant sizes very close

The difference between a 220 and and 210 cc implant is 10 cc.  This is two teaspoonsful and is almost negligible.  Either one should get you a nice result.  

10 cc difference is barely noticeable

There would likely be no noticeable difference in the result due to implant size, much more important to your result is the surgeon's skill in creating the pocket for the implant.