I got Botox 2 days ago. My forehead is still red and looks like a slight rash. My eyelids are swollen

Botox

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to say without an assessment. I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your skilled and qualified injector. 

All the best. 

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to tell without photos. I would recommend following up with your treating physician for an assessment. An in-person assessment is always best. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Rash from Botox NYC

I would definitely return to your treating physician for examination and post photos.  Was a numbing cream or different moisturizer used at the time of treatment? It sounds like an allergic reaction that should be examined.  Please keep us posted. Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question.  Botox is normally absorbed very quickly in the forehead with most redness, swelling, or irritation resolved within 24 hours.  I would reach out to your injector and voice your concerns, they should be able to see you for an in-person examination to make sure that all is well.  

2 days after Botox

The swelling and rash you describe can't be properly addressed without examining you or at least photos. That said, what you describe sounds like it could be a localized allergic reaction. This is extremely uncommon from Botox. Did your injector use something to clean, prepare or treat your skin that is new to you? Did you try new products in the area? Did you change your soap or shampoo? You might consider an over the counter allergy medication. If your symptom get worse or if they don't go away in a couple days call your doctor.

Please note - this is a general response to a question and in no way constitutes a doctor-patient relationship. Consult your physician for treatment, if needed.

Nicole Kafka, MD
New York General Surgeon

Rash and swelling after Botox

Thanks for your question. Without photos it is impossible to determine what is happening in your particular case.  I will say that eyelid swelling and a rash are certainly not common side effects following Botox. I recommend you follow up with your physician injector to see if they can help you manage these concerns. Best of luck to you!

Alix J. Charles, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon