How do I find a surgeon who can perform a jaw reduction?

I am having great difficulty finding a surgeon to perform a jaw reduction surgery. My plastic surgeon gave me a reference to a surgeon (because he does not perform this type of surgery) & the reference only performs surgeries on teeth. I need help I cannot locate a surgeon

We are few and far between . . .

There are several of us in the US who perform this procedure very frequently, but you are right that it is not a common surgery in general.  Referrals are an excellent way to find good physicians, as well as patient reviews.  RealSelf is a good resource, and looking through answers may lead to experienced physicians.  I am located in MN, and I believe there are some surgeons in Chicago, though I don't know of any in Iowa.  Good luck with your search.

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Jaw implants

Implants can strengthen the jawline and create a more balanced facial silhouette by augmenting the mandibular body, angle, and ramus. A wide variety of patients can benefit from this procedure, including those with normal, deficient, or surgically altered anatomy.