How do I find a surgeon who can perform a jaw reduction?

I am having great difficulty finding a surgeon to perform a jaw reduction surgery. My plastic surgeon gave me a reference to a surgeon (because he does not perform this type of surgery) & the reference only performs surgeries on teeth. I need help I cannot locate a surgeon

Doctor Answers 2

We are few and far between . . .

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are several of us in the US who perform this procedure very frequently, but you are right that it is not a common surgery in general.  Referrals are an excellent way to find good physicians, as well as patient reviews.  RealSelf is a good resource, and looking through answers may lead to experienced physicians.  I am located in MN, and I believe there are some surgeons in Chicago, though I don't know of any in Iowa.  Good luck with your search.

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Minneapolis Otolaryngologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 10 reviews

Jaw implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Implants can strengthen the jawline and create a more balanced facial silhouette by augmenting the mandibular body, angle, and ramus. A wide variety of patients can benefit from this procedure, including those with normal, deficient, or surgically altered anatomy.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.